UKACCS 40TH ANNUAL MEETING
Belfast International airport June 8 & 9 2016
Chairman of the Meeting, Tom McGrath, Chairman, Belfast International Airport Consultative Committee.
Secretary to the Conference, Barry Smith, Deputy Honorary Secretary, Gatwick Airport Consultative Committee.
Click here to see the key messages from the meeting
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
1. Notes of the business meeting held on 11 June 2015.
2. Matters arising from the last meeting which are not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
3. Airports Commission Final Report - The Secretariat’s paper summarises the key matters of wider interest for consideration.
4. Aviation Policy Update - Presentation by Isobel Pastor, DfT giving an overview of the DfT's work taking forward the recommendations of the Airports Commission and its review of certain aspects of the Government’s Aviation Policy Framework in relation to noise and airspace policy.
5. Airspace Issues - Update
(a) The Secretariat’s paper provides background information on the delivery of the CAA’s FAS.
(b) Presentation by Stuart Lindsey, Manager Airspace Regulation, CAA giving an overview of the FAS delivery programme, the roll out of new navigation technology and experiences to date.
(c) Presentation by Trevor Metson, Policy Development, CAA giving an overview of the CAA’s current consultation setting out principles for the review of the airspace change process and CAP 725.
6. Use of Drones and Lasers near airports - The Secretariat’s paper summarises the extent of the problem in the UK and provides an update on the work of the Government and industry.
7. PRM services at UK airports
(a) Presentation by James Fremantle, CAA giving an overview of the CAA’s PRM service performance annual monitoring results and issues for consideration.
(b) The paper by Stansted ACC sets out the Stansted perspective of a number of PRM related issues.
8. CAA Consumer Panel - An update on the work of the Panel over the past year.
9. Disruptive Passengers - The Secretariat’s paper provides an update on issues.
10. UK Border Force and ACC Engagement - The Secretariat’s paper provides an update on the UK Border Force’s (UKBF) work and national performance targets at airports and highlights the engagement that some UKACC member airports have with UKBF.
11. Surface Access to Airports Update - The Secretariat’s paper gives an overview of the CAA’s consultation on issues affecting passengers' access to UK airports.
12. Any Other Business
13. Venues for Future Conferences
- 2017 – Glasgow
- 2018 – Heathrow
14. Items for Information
(a) Membership of the UKACCs Liaison Group - The paper informs delegates of the air traffic statistics at UKACCs airports for 2015 and gives details of those airports which fall within UKACCs’ membership admission criteria and the current membership subscription fee bands.
(b) Consultation on a Scottish Replacement for APD – The paper by Peter Smart, Chairman Aberdeen ACC on the Scottish Government’s consultation on ‘a Scottish replacement for APD.